Saturday, January 21, 2012

Another week flown by!

Hi it's Jazzie here and it's my turn to do the blog, I hope that you enjoy reading this.

On Monday we wake up ready for another week. Dad and I go down the steps to the pool. Dad jumps in I dip my foot in and think it's so cold. Then I jump up in the air and land in the water. It is cold. After we dry ourselves we head up to our room to get ready for breaky. We have baguettes ($1 for 5) then go on the tuk-tuk. On the way I think about how lucky we are and how expensive Sydney is compared to here. We arrive at school. All the kids are lined up. The day goes by and before we know it were back eating dinner somewhere nice.
The room I share with Ben
The days go quickly. On Tuesday one of the teachers who I am really good friends with (her name is Sovann) let me have a ride on the back of her motorbike. Sovann is about 20. The ride is great. Before we leave I asked Dad if I needed a helmet he said I'd be alright (Mummy was horrified) so off we went. It was awesome and Sovann said that everyone was staring at me. She took us around town and showed me some places. Then we got back I wanted to keep going but we had to go back so we went back for lunch.

The road to the front of the school

Ben, Mummy & me out the front of Anjali
Ben and I enjoyed the week playing, helping and laughing with everyone. We have already made great friends. Everything changes everyday and I enjoy listening to different stories we get told about the culture and the families. It is awful what some of the kids have to go through. Ben's cut has gotten way better and it's not infected anymore. Nanny is coming up in a couple of weeks for about 10 days. We are very excited. This week I was feeling a bit homesick and missing home and everyone. But Dad always says that home will always be there.
Me in the playground
It's funny because some people told us about an amazing Italian restaurant and when we went there it turned out awful. But there is a really really nice Indian restaurant. We also found out that on Monday it is Chinese new year and there is no school that day.

Today we went to a silk farm that we heard was really good. It took about half an hour to get there and we saw some great sights. Along the way there were these massive amazing hotels and then next to them were these tiny little shacks. Then we finally arrived at the silk farm. It was AWESOME!!! :) It was free and you had a tour guide that showed you around. The machines were incredible and it was just amazing to know the long process. We saw hundreds of cocoons and caterpillars and there was a ginormous field of mulberry leaves that they feed the caterpillars. Then you went into a big room with lots of wooden machines that they made the silk in and we were shown how they dyed the silk. At the end they had a big shop were you can buy silk stuff.

We bought some cool stuff. Then we headed back to the tuk-tuk. It was so hot out side. We got in the tuk-tuk and started making our way back we saw some cool stuff we saw some kids jumping of a bridge into water. Dad got dropped off at a travel centre to find out if we have to go to the border of Thailand to extend our visa's but we can just do it at the travel centre we found out. We are just about to go a fair.

Here are a few of my favourite photos so far...

Cool pic of Angkor Wat
Great view from up in Angkor Wat back to the entrance
Will add more photos next blog.

The week has flown by!! ;)

6 comments:

  1. Great post Jazzy. It sounds like you guys are having such an amazing time - and I'm sure you're making tonnes of friends at the school. The tree-house looked fantastic, your pictures of Angkor Wat were awesome and your motorbike ride sounded so much fun --- just don't tell Nana! I bet the time is flying by. Make sure to give your Mum and Dad a nice foot-rub at the end of every day !!
    Lots of love from Maddie, Gabe, Eli, Ruby, Ali & Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic blog Jazz! We have been following your blogs and I just finished reading this one to my Ben who is 6 years old and he thinks the tuk-tuk and motorbike rides sounded like heaps of fun! Keep having lots of fun and keep up the great blogging!!
    Love Caroline, Andrew, Ben, Livvie and Matt xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job at blogging Jazz! I enjoyed reading about your adventures so far......especially about riding the motorbike! Would love a photo of some weird food!
    Love Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all, loving your blog and that you all take turns writing it. Jazz that was so well written, so many great adventures. Clarissa we all miss you at work and I'm glad you're all doing well. Keep up the good work!!!!

    Madelyne :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all, loving your blog and that you all take turns writing it. Jazz that was so well written, so many great adventures. Clarissa we all miss you at work and I'm glad you're all doing well. Keep up the good work!!!!

    Madelyne :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jazzy! What a great blog, thanks for sharing. Make sure your Dad stays out of trouble. Have a great time and say hi to your folks for me.

    ReplyDelete